Ok, I realize I'm a little slow on the draw over here, but it's been busy. First of all, let me say - we're done with the formal application! You have no idea what a huge load off our minds that is!! We do still have some blood work and doc visits to finish before we've completed the application process, but we've got to wait on some of that until all the kiddos are feeling better.
And what's wrong with the children, you ask? Interesting question. Well, last Wednesday I took both girls to the doc for their adoption physical and all seemed to go well. But then the next morning Sammy breaks out with pink eye, and a raging ear infection the morning after that. Did I mention Sammy has never in her life required a sick visit to the dr... ever?!! Well, back we head to the dr's office that Friday for her first sick visit and a double-dose of prescriptions. She is doing well with the med's (she knows when it's time for the next batch and heads for the kitchen - she's great!) and is definitely on the mend. She's just got some sniffles now.
So then on Monday I go to check on Zoe while she's laying down (she'd been down for ~15 min) and her face is covered in red spots/bumps. As I'm looking at her and talking with her, the bumps start molding together into one and I decide to check the rest of her body ... she had them from head to toe. I rush her downstairs to our in-house MD (aka. daddy) and we decide this must be an allergic reaction to something .... but what?!?? We've had hives in the family before because both of our boys have some peanut & bug-bite allergies, but we've never seen anything like this before! We quickly gave her some Benadryl and let her lay down to rest. During her nap, I did a little research into hives and find out that they can last 2-3 days and can be a sudden reaction to something (like a virus) they were exposed to up to a week prior!! Hmmm. Very interesting. Well, we're on day 3 with bumps ... though today was markedly less than before. Maybe the end of Benadryl is in sight! Certainly the end of "well visits" is :)
Scratch that. I've still got to take the boys in for their physicals. Can you even guess how really not excited I am about that?!? Let's just say my fear of taking a well child to the doctor hasn't exactly improved lately. Please pray for us!!
1 comment:
Well visits are a bummer, they tend to be the end of wellness for a while. They are even a bigger bummer if insurance doesn't cover them. I learned that the hard way. Hope you are all feeling better soon and then we need a playdate!
Post a Comment