Yes, I mean extreme. As most everyone knows by now, I have done little to no exercise for the past several years (3 pregnancies full of bed rest and several invasive surgeries made it rather difficult)... except for one ½-year stint attending "Body Pump" classes at 5:30am with Roxi at Riviera Fitness (until I got pregnant -and sick- with Charlie). Wow, those were some early mornings for this girl!
Anyway, the resulting very non-muscular body is now experiencing the bad fruit of not exercising since my last surgery 1 ½ years ago. Apparently, not only have my limbs been weakened, but the very core of my body is - resulting in weak veins and vessels (not good). Therefore, I have been instructed by a blood specialist to pack on 10 pounds of (mainly) muscle... by next August. You've got to be kidding. It's taken me a week to soak this in - and I'm still not there. I mean, Andy & I have talked about me needing to exercise for my health, but to have a doctor look at me in the eye and inform me that I need to pack on the red blood cells like this was a bit much. What does he expect me to do??
Like I said, I'm a bit overwhelmed. However, I know he's right and I'm going to do my best! The only problem now is finding some exercises that aren't too strenuous for my body, but actually help. This is so much easier said than done! But maybe by the end of it all, this withered up woman will show life again and even gain some tone - who knows?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment