Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Grand Bahama

I have been absolutely soaking up our time in Florida this year!  It has been really good for me... and an excellent diversion to the waiting game :)  So, it was a wonderful treat when my momma and I got to take off on a mini cruise vacation to the Grand Bahama Island!  It was a fabulous little hiatus and I truly enjoyed it all.  We chose to visit "the Garden of the Groves" for our shore excursion ~ which was very beautiful!!  If you know my mom at all, you know she LOVES flowers (I really don't think I can emphasize that enough)... so this seemed like the perfect place to visit together... and I think it was :)





When we were on the ship, we enjoyed many different types of food... and lots and LOTS of fruit (or "fluit" as Charlie would call it)... and we enjoyed it all!



This is the ONLY picture I have of mom & I together... I'm so glad we got it :)  My only regret on the whole trip was when a man actually asked to take a picture of mom & I near the beach, while we were on the island.  I hadn't been looking for that "photo opp" and he took me off guard.  So, I answered in haste.  And as mom always told me, "haste makes waste" ... this is a little different take on it ~ but it was certainly a wasted opportunity to have my picture taken with one of my favorite women in the world!!  We enjoy each other tremendously :)
 

I felt incredibly blessed over the entire trip and I am so thankful to have had that special time together!  God is so good to me :)

Thanks, mom, for a great 3 days together!! 

p.s.  I look forward to doing it again someday... soon :)

No comments: