Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It might as well be Greek.

This statement has become a little more real in our house lately, because Andy actually is.  Learning Greek, I mean.  Anyway, while he's learning Greek, I'm trying to learn Chinese.  And lemme tell ya... there's not much difference!! They are both completely our of our normal range of thinking and challenging us both.  And both will help our family.  The only difference is that Andy started earlier and is doing much better than I am :)  But let's not dwell on that thought.

Here is what I'm using...



It is an awesome resource!  I looked at many different "language programs" to learn some Chinese while we wait, to help our little toddler in this huge and difficult transition.  Some for adults.  Some for kids.  All seemingly impossible.  And requiring WAY more time than I've got.  Until I found this!!  It was made for our family (literally!).  It is what you need to know:  how to spell it in pinyin correctly and how to pronounce it correctly (written & oral... it came with a CD which I promptly put onto my iPod touch).  No Mandarin characters necessary :)

I love you Lily Liu!!  I can't wait to wrap you up and assure you that "wo ai ni" :)

No comments: